Monday, February 17, 2020

Five Foot Nine. By Ian Lewis Copestick


When I was 16 years old and
first got arrested by the police.
They measured me, and I
was 5' 11 3/4 ". I was slightly
disappointed to be under
six feet. My dad was 6' 2", and
I wanted to be at least as tall
as him.
Yesterday, I had to go to the
hospital
for a scan. As the guy weighed and
measured me, he said " Five foot
nine, that's about right." I was
insulted.
I know it's stupid, and doesn't mean
a thing.
But I don't want to have nearly 3 inches
knocked off any part of my body.
Except, maybe my waist.




Ian Lewis Copestick is a 46 year old writer (I prefer that term to poet ) from Stoke on Trent, England. I spend most of my life sitting,  thinking then sometimes writing. I have been published in Anti Heroin Chic, the Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry, Synchronized Chaos, the Rye Whiskey Review, Medusa's Kitchen and Horror Sleaze Trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...