Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Inner by Dan Provost

I’ve tried to understand
what the inner is.
 
Rummaging through
emotions and escapes
 
That were both destructive
and enlightening…
 
Although it is so
simple to label one as
a prince or the
pauper.
 
Christ, it’s easy to
label anyone today.
 
Can someone try
to save a suicide today?
 
A simple gesture
on the sly will suffice.
 
Letting me know you're
more in the loop,
 
than
me.




Dan Provost's poetry has been published throughout the small press for many years.  He is the author of nine books and lives in Berlin, New Hampshire with his wife, Laura--and their Bichon Frisce...Bella.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...