Monday, November 9, 2020

ADDRESS-FREE by Alisa Velaj

I was address-free until yesterday,

living in my own universe

between the sky and the earth,

under the same roof as valleys,

mountains, clouds, and trees.

 

One later day the sky emptied out,

andI suddenly found myself

naileddown to a roofless earth.

 

There, no one found me anymore.

 

The partnership with motionlessness

turned out a much better deal...  





Alisa Velaj was born in 1982 in Albania. She has been shortlisted for the Erbacce-Press Poetry Award in 2014. Her works have appeared in more than 100 print and online international magazines. Her poetry collection, With No Sweat At All, will be published by Cervana Barva Press in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...