Friday, August 20, 2021

Three Times by Ian Lewis Copestick

I've only been in love
three times in my
life.
There were plenty of
other times when I
thought I was in love,
but looking back, I
think that there was
only those three times.

Two of those women
are unfortunately dead,
and the third might as well
as be dead to me.

She doesn't care, but she
doesn't mean as much to
me as she once did, or else
I would have gone insane.
Well, more insane than I
already am.

No one is to blame, people
change, feelings change.
It's the saddest thing that
can happen, yet it happens
to everyone.

Hatred is the only thing that
lasts. 




Ian Lewis Copestick is a 48 year old writer (I prefer that term to poet ) from Stoke on Trent, England. I spend most of my life sitting,  thinking then sometimes writing. I have been published in Anti Heroin Chic, the Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry, Synchronized Chaos, the Rye Whiskey Review, Medusa's Kitchen and Horror Sleaze Trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...