Friday, September 3, 2021

What? by Kevin M. Hibshman

Vainglories.
Pills.
The room goes fuzzy.

My head.
My head.

The room laughing, walks all over me.
My friend is missing.
Missing eternally.

Your talk goes numb.
Falls dead on my ears.
Caves in my skull.

I am tuned to the dial within.
Transverse language.
Pirate radio.
Private dilemma.
A very in-joke.

Close your mouth.
Close your mouth.
You are speaking to no one.



Kevin M. Hibshman has had poems, reviews and collages published in numerous publications world wide. Most recently, his work has been published by Rye Whiskey Review, Drinkers Only, The Crossroads and 1870. In addition to editing his own poetry e-zine, FEARLESS, he has authored sixteen chapbooks including: Incessant Shining (Alternating Current, 2011) and Love Sex Death Dreams (Green Bean Press, 2000). His latest book "Just Another Small town story" (Whiskey City Press) can be found at Amazon.




1 comment:

  1. Impressive....kind of scary...can be viewed as a wake up call... thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...