Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Membership Revoked by Daniel S. Irwin

I have suddenly decided

To beat the holy hell

Outta Mr. Jasmin Pikes.

No particular reason.

He did screw the woman

I brought here tonight.

But she’s not mine.  I just

Gave her a lift to the party.

She’s free to such and fuck

Whoever she wants.  Or,

Should that be whomever?

What the hell kinda name

Is Jasmin?  Sounds like a bitch.

He owes me money.  Or,

Maybe he don’t.  I owe him?

Hell, I can’t remember.

After all I’ve had to drink,

My memory tends to fail me.

Ya know, I gotta quit chuggin’

That gator blood rum crap

I been makin’ in the cellar.

Somehow, I done wrecked two

Stationary bikes at the gym.

Hence the familiar phrase:

Don’t come back.





Daniel S. Irwin, a native of Sparta, Illinois.  Retired military.  Dudeist priest.  Dedicated heathen. Work published in over one hundred magazines and journals world wide.  Founder of The Hardened Sailors’ School of Vulgar Vernacular (now disbanded). Latest work can be found at/in Horror, Sleaze, Trash Magazine, Beatnik Cowboy, Cajun Mutt, The Rye Whiskey Review.  


1 comment:

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...