Monday, January 24, 2022

Times Like These by Ian Lewis Copestick

It's only at times like these that I feel lonely,
Drunken nights, in the early a.m.
When I think of the things I've lost, and only
That I'll never see them again.

That I'll never find another lover,
Who'll understand me like she did.
But I don't know if I want another,
I feel like keeping myself hid.

I don't know if I could risk it again,
That much hurt, that much sorrow..
I need love, but I fear pain.
I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

I really don't think I've got the emotional strength
To go through another relationship.
I wonder where all of my romance went.
But, really, I don't give a shit. 




Ian Lewis Copestick is a 49 year old writer (I prefer that term to poet ) from Stoke on Trent, England. I spend most of my life sitting,  thinking then sometimes writing. I have been published in Anti Heroin Chic, the Dope Fiend Daily, Outlaw Poetry, Synchronized Chaos, the Rye Whiskey Review, Medusa's Kitchen and Horror Sleaze Trash.

1 comment:

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...