Saturday, July 2, 2022

From a Would-be Suitor by Skaja Evens

“I would totally let you fuck me!!”

No hello, or similar awkward social greeting
Dove in head first to let his dick drive the conversation
Instantly becoming fodder

Good for you, sport. I’m not interested.
What do you want for blatant disrespect anyway?

By all appearances, you look like the top of the food chain
Exempting you from any modicum of propriety.
Classic patriarchy.

“I’m not easily offended.”

I have to laugh
That’s as flag-worthy as saying your life is drama-free

I took those rose-colored glasses off
I saw right through you

I bet you think orgasms are the most important part




Skaja Evens, an artist and writer living in Southeast Virginia, was most recently published at Spillwords Press. When not making art (and often while she does), she enjoys music, fictional crime dramas, and the antics of her cats. In another life, she published the zine It Takes All Kinds (which she’s restarting this year), and briefly ran J*A*M Pie Press. Currently, she’s starting Mōtus Audāx Press and planning her next tattoo.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...