Friday, August 4, 2023

The City That Never Loved Me by Kevin M. Hibshman

We held hands intermittently like two awkward,
crushing teenagers after years of exchanging backward glances.

I felt your hear beat and smelled your fears rising like steam through the gutters.
I lived both within and without you.

Our flirtatious dalliances I've long outgrown.

Your charms have worn thin.
I now require a house that can be a home.






Kevin M. Hibshman has had poems published in many journals and magazines world wide. In addition, he has edited his poetry zine, Fearless, since 1990 and is the author of sixteen chapbooks including Love Sex Death Dreams (Green Bean Press, 2000) and Incessant Shining (Alternating Current, 2011). 

 His current book Cease To Destroy is out now and available on Amazon from Whiskey City Press. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...