Monday, October 15, 2018

I Planted My Garden By Joan McNerney

on the wrong side

of moon forgetting

tides of ocean

lunar wax wane



only madness

was cultivated

there underground

tubular roots

corpulent veins



flowers called

despair gave off

a single fruit...



I ate it

my laughter

becoming harsh

my eyes grew

oblique.



About Joan McNerney: 
Joan McNerney’s poetry has been included in numerous literary magazines such as Seven Circle Press, Dinner with the Muse, Moonlight Dreamers of Yellow Haze, Blueline, and Halcyon Days.  Three Bright Hills Press Anthologies, several Poppy Road Review Journals, and numerous Kind of A Hurricane Press Publications have accepted her work.  Her latest title is Having Lunch with the Sky and she has four Best of the Net nominations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...