Tuesday, August 17, 2021

COLONOSCOPY PREP by Scott C. Kaestner

Clear liquid diet cramping blues
laxative induced bowel distress
got my gut twisted

to get off the toilet or not?
that is not the question
currently

definitely not
worried
about

a camera
or anything else
going up my ass now

it’s all downhill
getting down
going down

flushity-flush
and do it
again

if this is my gift for turning 50
then you can take 60
and shove it up your ass

not mine though
it’s real busy
right now.




Scott C. Kaestner is a Los Angeles poet, writer, dad, husband, and thinks the glass is neither half full or half empty; it’s just a glass with some water in it. Google ‘scott kaestner poetry’ to peruse his musings and doings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...