Friday, October 15, 2021

Life On A Teacher’s Salary by Jake St. John


At the supermarket 
mid morning 
shopping 
on a wallet 
that's as 
empty 
as my 
Stomach 

II 
Knock knock 
knocking on 
Heavens door 
the sound track 
of the liquor store 
as I walk 
down the aisle 
grabbing my poison 




Jake St. John spends his nights in a cabin on the edge of the woods. He is the author of several collections of poetry including Night Full of Diamonds (Whiskey City Press, 2021), Snow Moon (Holy & Intoxicated Publications, 2019) and Lost City Highway (A Jabber Publication, 2019). His poems have appeared in print and online journals around the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Eat Paint Chips Or Become A Poet By JPR

"Hey, is your mag open to submissions?" I run a daily unless the voices tell me not to because they want to party. "The mag i...